“According to the chart, it should be clearing sailing” Copyright The New Yorker
Research studies report that more than 75% of strategic plans fail. Why – because of some or all of the 10 reasons listed, belows.
Which of these have you encountered? Are you in dangerous water?
- Half hearted management commitment
- No official start date to begin implementation
- Sketchy action plans to implement strategies
- False assumptions the strategic plan will automatically be implemented
- Changing priorities
- Weak managerial leadership skills
- Ineffective employee self-management habits to get things done
- Weak accountability systems
- Absence of a system to monitor progress
- Leaving implementation to chance
Which of these dragons are a threat to your plans and achieving results?
Raven Strategic Consulting
Planning and Implementation Specialists